Fall Registration is Full.
Thank you for your interest in the Wake County Schools Driver Education program, operated by Jordan Driving School, Inc. Below you will find dates, times, locations, and an indication if the class is still taking registrations.
The guidelines to register for Driver Education are as follows:
- Read the entire registration page to make sure you meet the eligibility criteria for Driver Education and understand the registration process as we are piloting a new registration program.
- Students are only allowed to take the class at the high school they attend or the designated location as determined by Jordan Driving School if classes are not held at their school.
- See class description for specifics on what day registration opens for your student. Dates are subject to change. Students must be at least 14.5 years of age on or before the first day of class to be eligible to register for any class in NC. Students are registered on a first come first serve basis.
- Should you have any questions please email the lead driver education teacher for the school location to which you are applying. You will find a list of Lead Teacher’s Contact Information, including email address and phone number, by clicking HERE. Jordan Driving School employs a Lead Teacher at each school who is responsible for assigning students to Driver Education classes at their school.
- In the State of North Carolina, there is a $65 fee to enroll in Driver Education class. This fee paid by parents covers only the classroom portion of Driver Education. In the State of North Carolina, the behind the wheel portioned is subsidized and is offered to students enrolled in Wake County Schools at no charge one time. There will be no refunds given for students who take a seat in class and dropout or fail. Attendance, behavior, or academic failures are all considered forfeits of your classroom fee. Should the student be allowed to retake the classroom portion, the fee must be paid again.
- There must be a minimum of 25 students or the class will be cancelled.
Lead Teacher: Alfreda Rhodes
Voicemail: (919) 577-1444 ext. 23481
Class dates and times are subject to change, notifications are sent out by email when this occurs to those registered for the class.
Class Time: 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Class Location: Media Center
Register for driver education by clicking HERE.
Session #1: October 2-6; 10, 11; 18-20, 2023
Session #2: October 23-27; 30-31, 2023; November 2-3; 6, 2023
Session #3: December 4-8; 11-15, 2023
Session #4: Spring 2024 TBA
Session #5: Spring 2024 TBA
Session #6: Spring 2024 TBA
Session #7: Spring 2024 TBA