No Winter Break classes are being offered 2022.
Thank you for your interest in the Wake County Schools Driver Education program, operated by Jordan Driving School, Inc. Below you will find dates, times, locations, and an indication if the class is still taking registrations.
All students actively enrolled in Wake County public, private or home school or live in Wake County are eligible to attend this Winter Break Driver Education course in Wake County.
The guidelines to register for Driver Education are as follows:
- Read the entire registration page to make sure you meet the eligibility criteria for Driver Education and understand the registration process as we are piloting a new registration program.
- Students are only allowed to take the class at the high school they attend or the designated location as determined by Jordan Driving School if classes are not held at their school.
- The registration window is staggered by age oldest to youngest and spans over 4 weeks. Students will NOT be able to register for a class until the window for their age group opens. See class description for specifics on what day registration opens for your student. Dates are subject to change. Students must be at least 14.5 years of age on or before the first day of class to be eligible to register for any class in NC. Priority is given to the older students.
- Should you have any questions please email the lead driver education teacher for the school location to which you are applying. You will find a list of Lead Teacher’s Contact Information, including email address and phone number, by clicking HERE. Jordan Driving School employs a Lead Teacher at each school who is responsible for assigning students to Driver Education classes at their school.
- In the State of North Carolina, there is a $65 fee to enroll in Driver Education class. This fee paid by parents covers only the classroom portion of Driver Education. In the State of North Carolina, the behind the wheel portioned is subsidized and is offered to students enrolled in Wake County Schools at no charge one time. There will be no refunds given for students who take a seat in class and dropout or fail. Attendance, behavior, or academic failures are all considered forfeits of your classroom fee. Should the student be allowed to retake the classroom portion, the fee must be paid again.
- There must be a minimum of 25 students or the class will be cancelled.
Inclement Weather Policy and other School Cancellations
Lead Teacher: Mary Brooks
Email: [email protected]
Class Time: (Class times are subject to change.)
Register for driver education by clicking HERE.
Session #1: TBA